If TA leadership are using Power BI for TA analytics, you may want to display Power BI directly in the iCIMS platform so they don’t have to leave iCIMS to view it.
Here’s how you do it:
1) In Power BI, go to File > Embed report > Website or portal.
2) In the window that pops up, copy the html in the second field. (Note you can customize the width and height of the results in this html as well ).
3) In iCIMS, go to Report > Manage Dashboards and create a new panel with the Type set to Text.
4) Create a report in this panel and click the icon for Insert/Edit Media, click the Embed tab, paste your html into the text area below.
5) Click Ok and save your work.
You may find that the code you grabbed from Power BI doesn’t size the report correctly in iCIMS. The way things display vary from user to user, but after some experimentation I found that the below code works well:
<iframe style=”position: relative; top: 0px; bottom: 0px; right: 0px; width: 100%; border: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; overflow: hidden; height: 900px;” title=”MDF Dashboard” src=”https://app.powerbi.com/reportEmbed?reportId=[insert rest of the url here]” width=”1140″ height=”900″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=”allowfullscreen”></iframe>
You will lose a couple of pieces of functionality when embedding Power BI in iCIMS. You will no longer be able to bookmark views, and you will not be able to go full screen. This can be remedied by something called “programmatic embedding,” but this does require some coding that may be cost/time prohibitive.
We also automated the flow of information from iCIMS to Power BI so that it refreshes daily. Here’s what’s involved in that:
- Set up an FTP connector with iCIMS. There will be an extra charge for this from iCIMS if you don’t have an FTP connector set up already.
- Submit a request to the iCIMS HelpDesk to have your Person, Requisition, and Recruiting Workflow reports sent to a folder on the FTP server once daily (or more if you prefer, although these will be very large files and multiple sends may be impractical).
- Have someone from IT sync this FTP folder with a folder on your company’s SharePoint site
- They should also set up an automation to delete files older than one day in the folders on both the FTP server and the SharePoint site.
- Set up Power BI to source data from the SharePoint folder when refreshing results.
- Set up Power BI to automatically refresh daily.
To get weekly tips on how to get the most out of iCIMS, subscribe to iCIMS System Admin Secrets.